Saving Energy With a Tankless Water Heater
Homeowners know that every energy dollar counts, especially during the heating season when conserving energy is crucial to maintaining a healthy and comfortable home (and bank account). A great place to begin making changes in the name of energy conservation is with your water heating system. Is your home using a reservoir water heater? If so, you could eliminate wasted energy by upgrading to a modern tankless water heater!
The advantages of a tankless water heater include:
- This style of water heater is compact in size, taking up less space than conventional tank type water heaters.
- They virtually eliminate standby losses – energy wasted when hot water cools down in long pipe runs or while it’s sitting in the storage tank.
- By providing water immediate where it’s used, tankless water heaters waste less water. You don’t need to let the water run as you wait for hot water to reach a faucet.
- A tankless water heater can provide unlimited hot water as long as it is operating within its capacity.
- The expected life of tankless water heaters is 20 years, compared to 10 or 15 years for tank type water heaters
In short, a tankless water heater’s longer lifespan will save you on replacement costs. Additionally, tankless water heaters can cut down on your water usage, as well as reducing heating energy costs by 10-15% by eliminating standby loss from the tank and hot water piping.
At South Shore Heating & Cooling, we proudly work with the top manufacturers of modern, tankless water heating systems! Contact us today if you’d like to learn more about tankless water heaters and how they can help you!