Save Money With Our Summertime Conservation Tips!
You hear a lot about energy conservation tips in the winter to lower your fuel and energy bills, but what about the summer? Air conditioning is an amazing invention, but it can have an impact on your energy bills, especially if your system is old or broken.
At South Shore Heating & Cooling, we care about your home comfort, but we also understand the costs that come along with it. That is why we put together this list of summertime conservation tips to help you stay cool at an affordable price.
Use these conservation tips to reduce your energy costs:
- Schedule a tune-up: One of the best ways to reduce air conditioning costs this summer is by maximizing the efficiency with a tune-up. It will also help improve your comfort inside!
- Adjust your thermostat: Keep your thermostat set to the highest temperature that is comfortable for you to avoid over working your air conditioner and driving up energy bills.
- Use fans instead of A/C: On milder days try using fans to cool your home instead of air conditioning. Fans use drastically less energy than air conditioners.
- Off-peak electricity: Utility companies charge more money during "peak" hours during the day. Try using energy in the early morning or late evening to avoid higher rates.
- Close doors & vents: Remember to close the doors and air conditioning vents in unoccupied rooms to limit wasted energy in your home.
If you want to learn more conservation tips to save you money, you can call us at 508-398-6901.